So guys today I will share one of my favorite Baingan ka bharta or Eggplant Recipe. Baingan is an Indian name for Eggplant. When we mashed eggplant and add various Masala’s and spices to it to make a recipe called Baingan ka bharta which is served with Phulka, an Indian bread. I am sure you want to try this out. So to make Smoked Eggplant you will need the following ingredients.
- Eggplant – 1
- Tomatoes – 2 medium sized (chopped)
- Onion- 2 medium sized (chopped)
- Oil- as per required
- Ginger Garlic Paste -1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds- ½ tablespoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/3 tablespoon
- Red chili powder-1/3 tablespoon
- Cumin Powder- 1/3 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 1/3 tablespoon
- Asafetida powder (hing)- ¼ tablespoon
- Garam masala- ½ tablespoon
- Green chilies- 2 chopped
- Coriander leaves- 1/3 Cup chopped
- Salt – as per the taste
- Take an eggplant and makes to 3 cuts on it. Massage it with oil. The oil will form a coating on it & when you will roast it, the skin will get suppress out & also the oil makes the eggplant smokes out.
- Place the 1-2 green chili & 2-3 garlic cloves inside the cuts of eggplant. This will give extra flavor to our Bharta.
- Now roast the eggplant on the medium flame from all the sides, this is how you will get the Smokey flavor.
- Now let it cool down & peel of the skin. (It will come out easily).
- Cut the base of eggplant and mash it. (Including the garlic cloves and green chili which earlier we had put in the cuts before roasting it).
- Add oil in a pan and add cumin seed and Asafetida powder (hing) to it.
- Add Chopped onions and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add ginger-garlic paste & chopped green chilies and mix well.
- Now it’s time for some dry masala’s. Put Turmeric powder, Red chili powder, Cumin Powder, Coriander powder & mix it well on low flame.
- After, add chopped tomatoes to it after 2-3 minutes & add the mashed eggplant to it.
- Add Garam masala, salt as per your taste & coriander leaves again mix it well and stir continuously on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Our Eggplant Bharta is ready. Serve it with Chapatti (made out of wheat flour) or Paratha.
We would love to hear from you. Do you guys have some cool Recipes? Share with us we will publish on Crawlwords website so our readers can enjoy and try different and exotic recipes too.
And if you like our recipe kindly let us know by commenting in the comment Section below.